View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 06:59 AM   #48
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
No. NYC banned all large gatherings, except for anti police protests. So please point me to the section of the constitution, which specifies that the right to assembly can be rescinded except for assemblies which help democrats win elections? Diblasio said very explicitly, that liberal protesters had the right, but no one else did.

Defend that.
If Trump pulled the trigger on some foreign engagement that brought protesters out in numbers, I have no doubt N.Y. would have been forced to allow it if the numbers were of the same size. The same would have been true in any other state, if the movement of the time brings people out in the streets there is little enforcement can do provided its peaceful, in spite of Covid restrictions. The looters and fu*ck heads destroying property are just idiots, they are doing exactly what a Trump wants them to do (think on that for a minute), the more they burn, destroy and ruin the livelihoods of local citizens, the more Trump takes pleasure (still pondering that) in pointing his law and order finger to say see what’s coming if you don’t elect me. He stokes it and he loves to see the rioting, it’s perfect campaign fodder for him and his base.