Thread: Tranny Trouble
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2004, 09:52 AM   #23
fishaholic18
Finally

Quote:
Originally posted by Van
Just got off the phone with the dealer, all original and extended warranties are expired. He did also suggest a system flush, he said this is done without removing the pan or changing the filter. He thinks it might just be gunked up since the lower gears and reverse are OK. He also said if it was electronic control, the check engine light should be on. so again he suggests a total flush. Said it flushses forward and backward flow and removes all debris.
Also said it will clean out the valve body. ?? Does that make sense ??
Van, I have 20+ years experience overhauling Dodge tranny's at a dealership. A flush will not clean the valve body. Your best bet is to have a transmission tech. at the dealership remove the pan and take a look inside. He should be able to tell if there is internal damage by what is found in the pan and filter. A flush is a maintainance thing and will most likely not fix a problem. A plugged filter ,on the other hand ,could be causing a problem, I hope for your sake, but the pan must be removed to see that. Good luck. Let me know if you need any advice.

F-18®
It IsWhat It Is

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º >¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((( º>
fishaholic18 is offline   Reply With Quote