View Single Post
Old 02-26-2023, 07:03 AM   #46
Rmarsh

It's interesting... that when you work for certain segments of society....you will observe patterns of behaviour. I once worked for a contractor that had connections with the Jewish population in the area. I started noticing some similar traits after months and years of working on their homes. One wealthy couple had a live-in maid and a driver/errand guy with a list of jobs they were required to perform daily. Within days of starting the huge remodel of their home, the lady of the house was asking me to do domestic chores while I was "there". Not understanding that I was a skilled craftsman...not a pee-on. Pretty sure they didnt understand the difference. Carry items to her car.....bring up bottled water from the basement.....and a lot more stupid stuff.
The maid would lock the door behind me everytime i went out to my truck for a tool....told me she was just doing her job as instructed by Mr. ***. After about the fourth or fifth time......I pounded on the door hard enough to shake the house....when the maid and the Mrs. came running to see....I told them if it happened again...I would leave and not come back. Message sent and received. There are times you have to stand up for yourself and demand respect.
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote