View Single Post
Old 02-22-2023, 07:27 AM   #44
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmarsh View Post
Construction businesses need a front man....someone to deal with the customers.
I worked on a very wealthy Jewish couples home....gutting kitchen and both baths and built two additions...a kitchen extension...and massive master bedroom and bathroom suite.....while they were living in the home...every day was an adventure.
I was hired by a well known former contractor very familiar with the upper class type of customer exteremely fussy and demanding...he was just the guy to listen to all their bitching and moaning about the dust and great at bull#^&#^&#^&#^&ting them about when I would be done. I have no patience for that.
My worst experience with a customer was years ago in Apponog Warwick. Guy had a house on the back side of Apponog Cove. About 120 foot drop to the water and he wanted a terraced stairway down to the water. I gave him a price based on what I found when I started digging the footings.
Guess what? The hill was an old junk yard. Literally full of car parts and old car frames. No way to get equipment in to move the stuff so I would have had to carry everything out by hand.

I walked away from the job without getting paid a dime and I had dug 12 footings. Guy was a total A$$hat.

No boat, back in the suds.
piemma is offline   Reply With Quote