View Single Post
Old 02-22-2023, 06:28 AM   #43
Rmarsh

I have not had anything like that happen to me but....a buddy of mine and I were building a deck for a wealthy customer....Jewish doctor. At break time the daughter... early twenties.... came outside and brought us some iced tea, she was obviously smitten with my friend. She was cute and he was single .... he told me he would ask her out. I warned him that she was a spoiled princess type and not in our socioeconomic class and to beware. .Fast forward...after her parents said she should not marry a carpenter he took accounting classes and after he got his degree they got married. He first had to convert to Judaism and wasnt allowed to celebrate Christmas with his two sisters.
He lasted two weeks at his new job before he couldnt stand it and quit. He was an excellent carpenter and he told her he was going to start his own business and would build a big new house for them right next door to her parents. She started to feel better...telling me he was no longer just a carpenter but a general contractor now.
Her new cars and diamond rings were never good enough and the rift between them grew until after two children and daily fighting they divorced. He later remarried to a poor catholic girl and is finally content.
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote