View Single Post
Old 02-21-2023, 09:17 AM   #39
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlite View Post
Well just came home from an early rise appt with a long time absolute PIA customer that is dear friends outlaw. Old widow. Do a lot of small repairs throughout house ( plumbing, elec, Capetnyry stuff. As a help to my buddy as he had reached breaking point with her few years ago. No time and every other repair main bailed on her in past. Certainly not for the money nor worth the aggravations. Her 40 yr old walk-in shower doors were leaking last week. Several trips to deal with silicone and sealing up temp until could get new doors ordered/ installed in my spare time. Spent several trips running around this week to find ones that would fit.
My boss reached his breaking point in regards to her this week as she was calling 4 times a day and texting non stop blowing up my phone while we hanging sheet rock together to see if ordered shower doors.
Well She wanted me to come over to help her order on line from Lowe's. Drag my ass out of bed to get there early this morning to do it before heading to job. She then decides she doesn't feel comfortable ordering on line and wants me to go to store to help her order some day this week. Then in same breath decides that she no longer wants to repair the sheet rock ceiling and walls that are falling down inside shower enclosure and then decides the shower doors seem to be sealed up and now doesn't do but wants me to come over asap and paint water stain on ceiling below
As if I'm sitting at home waiting to rush over every time she has a problem.
In fact this summer I was on another job and she kept calling and calling when I answered she crying her smoke detectors going off and she needs me. Well WTF do I look like the fire dept. 2 towns away? had to tell her to get out of house and try calling FD. Went and FD found faulty /expired smoke detector.

Try to politely tell her I could
No longer half ass waste my time or perform work for. Amd she tells me I am rude and ungrateful for all the work SHE provided me with. I charge her less than I make regular work which opposite way should be
And I'm rude
Just had to block her number after 14 calls since 7am.
Good ridence
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Yes, she's fired. Doesn't even qualify for the "difficulty tax" I would have tacked on to her bill....
I just dealt with a waterline shut off issue into a building with two condos. Water comes into basement and splits to different meters. Had to get the town to call dig safe and then jack hammer recently installed concrete sidewalk with yellow handicap plate in order to find the shut off. My client was fine, appreciative, and hopefully writing a check today. The other condo owner was an absolute nightmare, the worst I have had to deal with, ever... She even got into calling the DPW super and the Selectmans office... And this is all from my notifying her that her tenant would be without water while we effected the repair!!! I can't even bill her as she is not my client. Incessant texts and calls have stopped, but next contact from her I have decided to tell her she will need to send me a non-refundable $1500.00 retainer to even discuss any issues. And I have no intentions of working for her directly. At all. I am just trying to hold onto a residing job for two sides of the condo complex which involves her being one of four owners...

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote