View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 10:40 AM   #12
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Thanks for highlighting the exception Jimmy but to say who the hell knows is shortsighted at best. You usually have something to add that makes sense but fat ass costs an average of 3X somebody in good health. It's not the crap shoot you depict above.
I dont know dangles. Many people I know, in shape, who exercise have knee, foot, elbow, etc injuries and are constantly at the docs. I've run most of my life and have all kinds of medical expense at podiatrists, knee etc. Look how many sports medicine places there are , who do you think is paying for those? Insurance Cos. Obestity is definitley a factor, but a healthy and active lifestyle adds A TON to medical costs.
how many kids are hurt in sports? I guess we should charge them more for insurance for being active.
Also, obese people should die sooner, thus requiring less health costs while healthier people will possibley live longer and incur more costs over their lifespan. I have no clue , let the actuaries figure it out.
Insurance is a business, let the business do whats best for them and their customers.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all