View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #117
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

I just wired and tailwrapped the last nine I will have done for Plugfest. Epoxy and spinner tonight.... A lot of finished plugs have already been put into the hands of others locally, but I should still have close to 30 ready for Saturday. It has been a huge ramp up for me from past years. A lot of it has been the result of budgeting the time needed for each step and not rushing the steps. The amount of attrition I have from turning through to finish epoxy is still too high, but it is less with every batch. I remember not too long ago, starting to turn on the Tuesday before, and epoxying at 10 pm the night before Plugfest....didn't work out so well, as those who "accepted" them in trade can tell you. (They were just being polite, I am sure...) I have kept some of those sticky pieces of crap prominently on my bench as a reminder. And yes, they are still tacky.
So I am excited it is almost here and that I am wrapping it up. I will start turning some stuff for myself after the bash. I am grateful for all the advice and ideas I have had here over the years to help me produce the jigs, spinners, and the process to get to this point. It is fun. Looking forward to Saturday.
nightfighter is online now   Reply With Quote