Thread: New or Upgrade?
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2003, 09:05 AM   #10
jugstah

Send a message via AIM to jugstah Send a message via Yahoo to jugstah
Quote:
Originally posted by Notaro
i got a dell. so thats a bad thing, dan? there is a setback, i cant do my graphic design hwk or project on the dell. and also, im seem to be having a hard time to play a movie on the dell.
Look at the back of your PC.. you can tell if you have integrated video or not by looking and see where the monitor is connected. If it looks like it's coming off the motherboard, it's integrated and that means CRAP!!!...

When you have integrated VIDEO, AUDIO, that means it's going to be using some of your CPU power to run these things, and that means you may not always have good performance, especially if running heavy-duty games/apps like movies, major games like warcraft/starcraft

However, not all is lost.. most motherboards do provide you with the ability to turn off the onboard video, allowing you to go purchase a good videocard as an add-on... for this to be done, you may need to consult your manual or your tech support.

Good luck, amigo. And BTW, what kind of Dell model do you have? What are its specs? If it's fairly brand new, you should be able to at least do your homework. However, for graphics design, you may definitely want to consider investing in a good videocard.

"Remember Amateurs built the Ark -- Professionals built the Titanic."
jugstah is offline   Reply With Quote