Thread: Punching Lips
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 08:48 PM   #8
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

LOL. the problem with commercial lips, not that the commercial lips available are not good they are very good, they just don't cover all the plugs. If you want to make a special plug and need the exact lip most likely it is not available so you got to make them. The commercial guys have dies to punch the lips out and they are very expensive so they try and cover plugs that are popular and make lips that could be used in multiple types of plugs. To expensive to make a die for every plug out there. My problem is I like to make plugs that don't have lips available so I make them, it also helps I am a machinist. Sorry Eskimo, I ran out of what he needed.

You can always get some similar lips you need, flatten them out, grind or sand to size you want and then re bend if the slot is in the area you wish. Better than grinding from scratch. Make sure you got a cup of water close by becasue those friggin things get hot fast.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote