View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 01:29 PM   #84
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Either you are making a point and using me to help or you are incredibly stupid.
Context is hard to follow for the close minded but I will try to help you.
Go back and read the thread from the start and try to understand what I meant by deal with it...do you think I meant we should ignore the problems because there is nothing that can be done? If you are nodding your head,you are stupid.If you think I meant we need to find the best solution as a country and deal with the circumstances we are burdened with then you have a clue as to what I meant. Give yourself a pat on the back for me.
Nobody ever expected an attack like the one we were burdened with on 9/11, but we have moved forward and we have dealt with it. How? you ask....drones,seal teams,bombs etc. That is dealing with it in my world.
I hear Switzerland is nice this time of year,perhaps you could take up yodeling.
no, you believe we should take extreme measures to put safety above freedom. In your world, we should monitor emails of ex-milatry or disgruntled americans in order to prevent the next McVeigh or unibomber. Why not, it would protect lives! Freedom is dangerous in the wrong hands but we cant monitor everyone, arm every school, tap every phone line, strip search everyone boarding a plane. Curious, do you always wear a lifejacket on your boat? If not why, dont you care that your family would lose you? Dont you think your chances of drowning drastically decrease if you wear one? . Dealing with it should not lead us to be more live Ecuador or Somalia or nazi germany. Dictatorships have very little violent crime. You lose what this country is about. You seem very comfortable with others making decisions for you and being in charge, Im not. Crazy, but I believe i know whats best for my family, not some jackwad in washington. I cant be everywhere to keep my kids safe and I dont expect them to be. If I lock them in my closet they will not get VD, do drugs or be bullied, 100% guaranteed. But what life is that. Dealing with it to me, is fostering moral character, self worth,pride, etc. Not arming everyone and removing the day to day freedoms this country was built for.

Last edited by RIJIMMY; 01-03-2013 at 01:35 PM..

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all