View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 02:24 PM   #8
Jim in CT

Saltheart, everyone said the same exact thing in 2008, thatthe GOP was dead. we came roaring back 2 years later. People like to forget that, but that's what happened.

i feel the GOP will do fine in midterm elections (like 2010), but we will strugle in presidential elections, because th emedia spends 24/7 painting the GOP candidate as amonster.

Polls show that a small majority of Americans oppose abortion. Polls show that a large number of Americans don't think "borrow-and-spend-on liberal pet projects" is the way out of this mess.

In another thread, I said (and believe in my heart) that Americans aren't opposed to what Republicans believe. They are opposed to what the media claims we believe. And that misrepresentation is much easier to pull off when th emedia has one presidential candidate to worry about, then hundrdes of congressional candidates.

The GOP will struggle to lect a president until one of the following things happen...the economy collapses, we find more honest outlets to put forth what we believe (as opposed to what Sean Penn says we believe), or we get a spectacular candidate (could be Marco Rubio in 2016).

The GOP has a majority of governorships. And we maintained control over teh house of reps.