View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 02:45 PM   #19
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripermaineiac View Post
Not her it's me. The vac note was about the ist lady's trips. Easy to say just quit when you have 20 yrs in and don't get social securty due to gov retirement plan .Funny how people want to have a safe society but those charged with keeping it that way keep goin without raises an such an seem to be the target of political cheep shots.Just remember that when you do have to call for help or have a dirtbag hurt you or a family member that dealin with it isn't free.
Ron, I'm guessing your government retirement plan will be better than my social security if there's even anything left when I retire. And I'm not taking any cheap shots at what you do. It's a hard job for sure. I have family members who work in prisons and as police officers. For the record, I haven't had a raise in almost 4 years and my company could fire me at any time. I would think you have better job security after 20 years than a lot of ther rest of us have. My post was more about people wating to complain about stuff like they have no choice. There's always a choice.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio