View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 11:56 AM   #66
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Spence, you denied something that irrefitably happened (Michelle Obama's statement). Denying that something happened, when it clearly did happen, is not 'critical thought'. I don;t know what it is exactly (ask a psychiatrist about that), but it's not 'critical thought'. I don't think they taught you in grade school to deny facts which don't serve your agenda.
The fact that she said some words is meaningless without an understanding of context. I bias my context by what she said around those words, you bias it through your preconceived idea of what you think she represents...

Quote:
Seriously? That's your response? How could you possibly know that? How could you know what was in his mind?
One would think he would have mentioned the film specifically.

Quote:
Obama's statement came out the day the ambassador was killed, and at the time they were saying that the ambassador was killed because of the video. So it stands to reason that if Obama is connecting violence to religion-bashing, that's what he was talking about. Nice try.
I said it was indirect. Bush did the exact same thing you know, to make a general statements around tolerance and violence when that Danish cartoon ruckus lit up.

Quote:
I'm not consumed with hate. I just don't like it when people deny irrefutable facts to protect Obama. You do it all the time. I'm trying to keep it honest. because I repeatedly call out your 'critical thought', you dismiss it as hate.
You're not really basing an argument on facts from what I can see.

It's not a fact that Michelle Obama didn't feel proud of her country until 2008, it's not a fact that Obama responded to the movie by sympathizing with rioters and it's not a fact that Obama hates the Catholic church.

-spence