View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #8
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
It meant that religion has no place in the decision making of our government. Thus, it has no place in our decision making for president.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
incorrect.
IF so, we do why swear our presidents in with a bible?
Federal courts - swear in witnesses with a bible
Label our currency and motto - In God We Trust?

last line of Gettysburg address -
"that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain—that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom—and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth".

Eisenhowers D-day address
"Good Luck! And let us all beseech the blessings of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking" (OH MY GOD SOUNDS LIKE A CRAZY SARA PALIN!!!)

Roosevelt on Pearl Harbor -
With confidence in our armed forces - with the unbounding determination of our people - we will gain the inevitable triumph - so help us God.

I ask that the Congress declare that since the unprovoked and dastardly attack by Japan on Sunday, Dec. 7, a state of war has existed between the United States and the Japanese empire.

JFK at Cuban Missle crisis -
Our goal is not the victory of might, but the vindication of right- -not peace at the expense of freedom, but both peace and freedom, here in this hemisphere, and, we hope, around the world. God willing, that goal will be achieved.

I guess we have a lot of violations of church and state!

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all