Thread: Romney is funny
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 06:03 PM   #20
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Actually Obama appears quite lucid in that article. yeah, "small" is the word I would use He's also exactly right, on big issues like abortion, immigration, health care etc... the GOP platform has taken a hard right stance which compared to Romney's history is quite a radical shift. where has the GOP platform shifted radically or otherwise on these BIG issues?

I don't believe people assign the current vector to Obama .....some applaud and some disdain the better living through more encompassing government vector...he is the assignee , they're smart enough to understand the issues that face the country are much, much larger than the past 3+ years. you (and Zimmy) can't seem to decide whether they're smart enough or not smart enough, either way another gross generalization

I also don't believe most people think the country needs a big ideological shift but rather just basic governmental responsibility. This is independent of party...if most people(reference the RCP poll) feel the country is headed in the wrong direction consistently over a long period, that might indicate the desire for a big idealogical shift which is actually not a shift but a return to our founding ideals and principles in response to the BIG idealogical shift currently being forced on us...most people can't help it, it's ingrained in us as Americans...at least "most people"

-spence

tossing around the "extreme" card is a little silly and desperate sounding...it's been grossly overused