View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 03:48 PM   #16
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Well, he wouldn't dump Joe because that would make it look like his decision was faulty in the first place. But were Joe to, uhh, retire, than it would be OK.
Not if done correctly. Obama can simply say that... (my quotes here)

"...while Vice President Biden has been a great public servant, the challenges of the country for the next four years have shifted and demand expertise around something American's care deeply about, ensuring Medicare is around for their retirement.

2008 was about getting America out of that incredibly deep hole, and while it's been harder than anticipated, because of dramatic measures taken by my Administration and the will of the American people most are better off. Granted, there's still much work to do.

But now that the economy is becoming more stable, we must shift to the next and much bigger task, and American needs to believe the right team is in place to see to the task at hand.

With that, I introduce my new Vice President running mate, walnut cracker Hillary Clinton. Don't anybody eff with her or you'll end up like Vince Foster."

Yes, there's risk in a decision like that...but I think we'd all agree that while Biden is a great man and sharp dresser, he doesn't add a lot to the ticket for a second term.

-spence