View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 07:32 AM   #7
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Quotes are Jeb's, not mine, from your link Scott.

“They got a lot of things done with bipartisan support, but right now it’s just difficult to imagine,” Bush said.

“Context changes; history changes,” he said. “Ronald Reagan would have, based on his record of finding accommodation, finding some degree of common ground, similar to my dad, they would have a hard time if you define the Republican Party -- and I don’t -- as having an orthodoxy that doesn’t allow for disagreement,” he said. “We’re in a political system in general that is in a very different place right now.”

I take that statement to say two things, yes it is very partisan right now (I assume he means both sides, which I agree with). I also think he thinks that the current tract of the Republican party is not how he or his dad, or Reagan would have defined it...
his statements are about the current political climate and working within that climate, not about the ability of either to get a nomination...

he said...they would have a hard time IF you define the Republican Party as having an orthodoxy that doesn’t allow for disagreement, doesn’t allow for finding some common ground....and he doesn't define it that way....

pretty clear and a far cry from..

Jeb Bush says Reagan would have no place in current GOP

Jeb Bush berates 'hyper-partisan' GOP -

nice try though