View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 11:31 AM   #17
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

I am far from a master but don't make me have to try one as I am a glutton for punishment. I'll put it on the list that has no end in sight. Probably won't be the first to try it but I will try it for you. To be honest I find the darter to be one of the more enjoyable plugs to make once you get your fixtures down pat. It is a somewhat precision plug if that is possible in the realm of plugs as you really have to be precise in your angles which is where your fixtures come in but once you get your fixtures down and you are able to repeat your plugs via your fixtures it is basically 2 cuts and some hand work in my case. The turning part is very simple. Now don't get me wrong as you will have some duds and fishing them productively is something I still got lots of learnin to go but the stigma of building them I think is overblown. It is a challenge but who doesn't like a challenge and being stubborn helps too.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote