Thread: TEBOW!
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 05:04 PM   #30
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshCappa View Post
I certainly am no D Coordinator but how do you call that on the first play of OT? If Denver would have kicked a field goal on their first possesion would Pitt have gotten the ball? I'm not familar with the new OT rule. I actually like the way college does it better than the pros.
Lebeau was figuring his DB could play it the way he would have in his playing days...
Charles Richard “#^&#^&#^&#^&” LeBeau (born September 9, 1937) is a National Football League Hall of Fame defensive back and football coach. He is currently the Pittsburgh Steelers' defensive coordinator and is considered to be one of the greatest defensive coordinators of all time. He spent 14 years in the NFL as a player with the Detroit Lions and is in his 37th year as a coach. Considered an “innovator” and “defensive football genius”, LeBeau created the "zone blitz" when he was defensive coordinator of the Cincinnati Bengals in the late 1980s.

On February 6, 2010, LeBeau was selected into the 2010 class of the Pro Football Hall of Fame. The entire 2010 Pittsburgh Steelers team was in attendance at the induction ceremony

As for the playoff rule; if the Broncos had not scored the TD, and instead had kicked a FG, or not scored, Pitt would have a possession. If Broncos had kicked a FG and Pitt did not score, game over. If Pitt scores a TD after a Bronco FG or no score on their possession, game over. If Pitt kicks a FG to tie, or a no score tie, it would go to sudden death with Pitt kicking off.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote