View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 01:30 PM   #7
MarshCappa
Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!

We have a Mutt and Jeff thing going on at our house right now but I'm not sure for how much longer. We made the decision a year and a half ago to get a family dog. My wife and step daughter wanted the lap dog and my son and I wanted a guys dog. I did a bunch of research and based on our lifestyles I found a great boxer/hound mix that was fully vetted, crate and house trained, and was listed as mid size at 50lbs. He was just about a year old when we got him so i thought he was done growing but he's since filled in to a very muscular 72lbs. My step daughter denied liking him and said she was afraid of him at first but Banjo is such a softy and kind hearted that he has since made his way to her good side. But she kept insisting on getting her own dog. I told my wife that getting a small dog was going to be a lot of work especially if we get a puppy. It's like having another baby. Banjo is relatively easy to take care of and fits into our work schedules perfectly. So long story short the girls are finding out that owning a little dog is a ton of work and my wife is at her wits end right now and this morning tells me she can't do it anymore. The thing that bothers me is that she has told me we would have to get rid of both dogs if it comes down to that in the end which I am not happy at all seeing i have no problem taking care of Banjo. If she listened to me in the first place and did the research I did in finding a dog for our household lifestyle instead of just bowing down and satisfying what our daughter wanted we wouldn't be in this situation. I'm heart broken about not having Sammy but the reality is that she belongs to a home that can spend more time with her. the two of them get along great and they are good for eachother. i try and pitch more when I can but her crate is always a mess and my daughter doesn't feed her or take care of her consistantly. It's not good for Sammy. So if anyone here knows of anyone that is looking for a samll dog get in touch with me. She is a 4lb Morky, Maltese Yorky mix. Basically a yuppie dog. She's very loving but needs training. She's about 6 months old and is not fixed. She definetly is not house broken even though with me she knows not to go in the house but when I get home i always find a treat or two in the corners. I'll attach a phot of the two of them and if anyone wants to inquire about owning her let me know. My wife and I are having dinner alone tonight so I'll ask her if she's serious. If it comes down too me having to get rid of Banjo then she stays and I'll pick up the slack but hopefully my wife will realize she made a mistake and allow my son and I to continue raising Banjo. The ironic thing is Sydney now does love Banjo and I think deep down knows she can't handle Sam. If I can get her to admit that to my wife then she'll probably be ok with Banjo. It's a sad scenario but I'm not willing to give up Banjo because he's such a good boy. Sammy just needs a home that can handle her needs better.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jones 002.png
Views:	80
Size:	600.5 KB
ID:	48968   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jones 013.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	48969  

"Sunshine Day Dream"
MarshCappa is offline   Reply With Quote