View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 10:15 AM   #1
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Thinning the forest---rods

Let's face it, I'll probably never fish these rods again, so instead of having them take up space in my shed/basement, I'll offer them for sale. All are available for local pick-up only. They can be given a test run by meeting up with me at the Canal.

1). Lami SB 121 3M conventional. Custom built by Red Top with 5 Hardaloy guides (all guides are Fuji on all rods listed) and HD tip. No reel seat--plain cork tape handle (I can supply a Squidder with a clamp for test casting). It's an older rod, but in good shape with just normal wear. You will turn any bass alive with this rod. Honey yellow blank, red/black wraps with gold metallic trim. Asking $150.

2). Lami XRA 126 1MH conventional. This was a "pre-built" custom by CMS--ie, built by them and bought "off the rack" as-is. I believe that it has 7 Hardaloy guides. Trigger reel seat ~ 25" from the butt. Bronze/maroon wraps, with a CMS diamond butt wrap. Used heavily for one season, but I went 99% spinning and it hasn't been used for several years now. Blank in very good shape. Asking $225.

3). All Star 1209 conventional. Another pre-built CMS custom. It was sold to me by Charlie as a genuine All Star, not a Rainshadow, and I am representing it as an All Star based on that. The tip guide is loose, but I can re-glue it for test casting. Trigger seat ~ 25" up, possibly longer. Beige wraps, in typical CMS patterns w/diamond butt wrap. You can cast an engine block with this, and drag 20 pounders across the water bringing them in. I used this rod exclusively for 9" swim shads weighing 7 oz.+ so it is very lightly fished. Also asking $225.

4) All Star 1266/2 spinning. This was custom built by Mike at M&Ds, with old-school COF guides and spacing. It has 5 Hardaloy guides, starting with a 50 mm gathering guide placed on the butt section of the rod---it's a two piece. Not sure on the reel seat distance from the butt, but probably around 22-23". Red/black wraps with a diamond butt wrap, and a striper decal above the diamond wrap. Really a sharp looking rod, and very lightly fished. I used it almost exclusively to cast 3-4 oz metal. I don't know what AS rated this rod for, but it smokes 3 oz, and throws 4 very well. Asking $200.

Please feel free to post questions. Also, I have other rods that I may want to thin out, so if you have a specific application in mind, feel free to ask.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote