View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 11:36 AM   #1
JohnnySaxatilis

St. Criox Mojo problems

My reel seat is F'd on my 10' mojo. My VS200 does not fit correctly in there. The seat is simply too small for the width of the foot of the reel, and although it will be secure when i jam it on with a cockeye appearance, its sketchy. And I've already had an encounter where the reel almost fell off while fighting a fish becuase i thought it was tight when it wasnt.

Anyway I talked to a few people about what to do, and I was thinking about sending it to someone local who builds rods and having pretty much the whole lower blank redone, becuase of other damage as well. This along with putting on an adjustable reel seat that actually fits, and lowering the placement of it. I understand the warrantee will be void if that kinda work will be done, but the chance the company replaces the reel seat is probably slim to none becuase they'll say I jammed it on too tight.

So, I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of someone around the area who could maybe give me a quote or suggest anything.

Thanks fellas

Johnny

something clever and related to fishing
JohnnySaxatilis is offline   Reply With Quote