Thread: Town cutbacks
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 03:39 PM   #10
basswipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookedagain View Post
Pay for the trash bags and be happy they are not cutting the police and fire. I know its a different state but one town away in Fall River 44 firefighter and 36 police were laid off. Firefighters for 8 month and some police are not back yet. Then after getting my job back, they took 8% of my pay. It took us 11 years to get that 8% and it was gone with the stroke of a pen. I'm fortunate to have a job....but my mortgage didn't go down 8%.
I'll never be happy to keep paying for the financial irresponsibility of my town.$2 for A garbage bag is outrageous,that same two bucks gets me the same bag other than color and town name on it for .10cents a bag at BJs.In the end our garbage won't be picked up without recycling bins present as it was before PAYT.Don't forget we already pay a very hefty tax for pickup,even if you go to the landfill you still pay that tax.

If the the towns and cities would stop being so irresponsible with taxpayers money there'd be no need to lay off any town/city workers.
basswipe is offline   Reply With Quote