View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 04:11 PM   #9
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

What you need to do is call the registry of motor vehicles in Boston and ask if you can file an immediate threat against your father for what has recently occured. They will understand and help you with this very difficult part of taking care of your dad. In thirty seven years of policing I had to do this so many times I dont care to recall. When I did this it was because I witnessed an incident. No officers have witnessed anything as yet, so its not up to any officer nor will any officer I doubt at your request will file an immediate threat for you. Doctors can do this for you. I think most primary care doctors have the forms or at least have access to them to get a license revoked. Beware though I have seen elderly people get an attorney and actually get thier license to operate back after a hearing. I can think of one gent that hit a car three times, because he couldn't see to pull around it at 85 years of age. The third time he hit it, he also hit the owner who was trying to stop him. I had his license taken away. The son and the father went to the registry and got it back. Son came into the station to rub it in that he did so. Son didn't like it when I said it was on him from here on out not me, and good luck. Maybe speaking to the county elderly services people could help as well. In Plymouth County they hae people who actually come out and do an assessment of the person in need and will ake reccomendations. Good luck.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote