View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 07:49 AM   #28
scottw

that's Obama math....total compensation per teacher..let's use Wisconsin..is between 90-100k, I suspect that it is quite a bit higher in other areas...somehow the benefits etc always get left out of the earnings figures...arguing that teachers don't make enough money or that they shouldn't have to contribute tiny amounts like 12.6% of their healthcare premiums has really lost any merit...

don't mind highly paid teachers as long as they are deserving, the system provided by the union makes it impossible to get rid of bad teachers, a crappy teacher is as highly paid as an exceptional teacher simply because of longevity, you can't move in good new teachers because others have been gumming up the works longer and when they finally decide to go they have to be supported for life....I mentioned before my wife is a teacher(non-union) my parents were teachers and I know a ton of teachers..I get it...I guess private school teachers are really getting screwed by the man using your analogy....if the NJ cost per pupil is 17k+ a year...

I'd be willing to bet that the good, quality teachers are sitting home watching this disgusted and wishing they could get back to their students and have an actual grasp of the reality of the situation...the crappy teachers are the ones holding the misspelled protest signs, the offensive slurs locked arm in arm with union thugs, Jesse Jackson and the various communist, marxist and other radical leftist perpetual protest brigade

oh, my daughter came home for school the other day and told me that for gym the teacher put a Taebow(sp) tape in and that was the class...babysitting at it's best probably has his Masters and everything