View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 11:53 AM   #23
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

making the flatter lips are easy as some guys make the goo goo lip commercially and if you ask them they will sell you them flat and you can do the simple bend yourself. The lip will also sit on the face of the plug lower than where the regular lip is placed. Makes a decent slow retrieve surface swimmer. I would think more of a casting plug than a trolling plug.

I think I stated this before but if you talk to Charlie Cinto at any of the shows and ask him how he fished them, and he is worth asking as he does have a 70 plus lber on one, and used them a lot along the E. islands for many large bass, he said they did not really troll the plug but set up the boat up stream and let the plug back into the rip and held it there making it look like a struggling bait against the current with the boat stemming the current out in front a distance moving from side to side. He said only after the tide crapped out did they troll the plug up on top of the structure. Ask him sometime he is a wealth of info and a really nice gentleman.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote