View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 07:48 AM   #30
scottw

what Obama should have done/said....

the problem with a lecture from a habitual offender is that is often met with appropriate skeptecism....

btw...the behaviour of the crowd at this "memorial" was really questionable from what I've read...Obama gave a stirring speech to a crowd that didn't quite know how to act appropriately in the moment...reminds me of the Paul Wellstone memorial which was turned into an exuberant political rally....ewwwww

anyway, if Obama truly wanted to set a better course for the next two years and recognizing that it may be a rocky road and needing to, as president, assume the mantle of leader going forward he should have begun with himself...

" recognizing that this event was not necessarily the result of heated political discourse but also acknowledging that the aftermath has been a sort of "wake up call" and has shown a level of tension exists that is not at all healthy for a great nation in difficult times and also realizing that I myself, have contributed to the degradation of the political debate though language and action that does not serve to further the conversation, as President, I pledge to, for the next two years, chose my words more carefully and use only language that reflects positively on the Office of the President of the United States and I will seek to lead by example and be accountable to the people that I am fortunate to serve, , I will ask those that I have influence over to do the same and I implore the members of Congress, media and the American public to do so for the good of our Nation."

always good to start with yourself...then work out one occasion, given the point being made..that "I" would have been appropriate, appreciated and probably brilliant...

I'd have a lot of respect for someone that said "I'm guilty too, but watch me lead by example"

oh, Spence...be gentle..I don't have a speech writer or a teleprompter from which to read

Last edited by scottw; 01-13-2011 at 08:23 AM..