View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 08:10 AM   #13
l.i.fish.in.vt

Numbskull,to each there own.the only thing i want from a plug is for it to catch fish. don't really care about how it swims,how it is sealed and all the other bs i hear when talking about plugs.if a pipe can drive a nail then it is a good hammer in my book. years ago i was doing some trim work,an old timer was changing the blade on his table saw,using a hammer and a screw driver,i offered him an adjustable wrench,declining it,saying he had been doing it that why for 25 years.when i saw the nut later on,it would have been impossible to get it off with an open end wrench.the only plugs that i have ever fished or swam other than the ones i make myself are a few plastics.i guess after close to 15 years building plugs and 12 years reading these forums,i am tired of looking at pretty plugs,that swim great,are well designed and can't put a fish on the beach.i have stood next to enough people throwing the latest and greatest without sucess when my crappy plugs are catching fish,not that that means those people aren't having as much fun as i am,but personally i like to catch fish not watch others catch them.as i said to each there own.
l.i.fish.in.vt is offline   Reply With Quote