Thread: Palins Alaska
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 02:31 PM   #107
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"Change my wording to Mormon, or Pentecostal, I don't care, the premise is the same."
Maybe I am generalizing to some degree, and am not trying to put your faith on par with Wrights comments.

But I bet if I had the time and read the sermons of some large churches, maybe not in the NE, where instead of race, it was consistently Anti gay, or Anti Muslim, etc.. and I am not referring to the Westboro whack jobs. You might not view Anti-Gay comments as you do Rev Wright's statements, but some do.

I was simply trying to provide context on one of the posts you mentioned. I don't know the context of the racial comments Wright made, and likely don't agree with them. You also are guilty of providing these without context though. Doesn't mean it changes what he said, I'm just saying.

It doesn't make me rethink my vote from Obama/Biden to McCain/Palin

the problem with the internet and politics, is we all come across as very angry. I'm sure you're a very nice guy, and we have fundamental disagreements. I mean hell, I tolerate RIJimmy enough to teach him my decades of bottom fishing experience. I appreciate having these discussions and your thought out responses. You are obviously a passionate guy.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"