Thread: Palins Alaska
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 02:13 PM   #8
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
One is based on love and truth, one is based on hate and lies.
I started typing a snarky comment about religion here, but I respect people's beliefs and right to believe what they want, so I am not going to make a joke. In a personal setting it might be humorous, online it is out of context.... My wife's family is DEVOUT catholic, and some of my family is. I respect your beliefs.

Are they comparable? Change my wording to Mormon, or Pentecostal, I don't care, the premise is the same. Do you believe 100% with your religion no questions asked and no disagreements? Do you stay in the church. I am not justifying some of the racial comments made, but I did provide context about the 9/11 line and you didn't even acknowledge that you brought it up out of context. I left out the link by mistake before. It is below.

As far as your time in Iraq, I have more than once responded to your post, with the fact that I 110% respect your service to your country, period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Either Obama agrees with that crap, or he was pretending to agree with it for political gain.
I think it's the latter. In this land of the separation of Church and State, the fact remains that an Agnostic or Atheist can't get elected president, and people pander and pretend. I believe that 100%. I don't know Obama's actual personal religions beliefs, and I don't care. I don't dislike Sarah Palin or GW Bush for their religious belief, but it does heavily influence their politics. Religion is unfortunately a political issue. Catholic, Baptist, Aqua Buddha... it is a big issues.

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2008/03/2...ts-911-sermon/

Last edited by RIROCKHOUND; 12-08-2010 at 02:19 PM..

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"