View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 02:30 PM   #13
Saltheart

As I understand it , the guy who leaked this stuff to Wiki was in the military? That guy goes to jail for a long time and maybe even gets looked at as a traitor in a time of war.

The wiki head showed really poor judgement. I'm nor sure what punishment is suitable. I'm thinking mayne taking him off the net entirely for some months or a year is suitable. It will replace jail time (which might make him a further hero to some) and hit him hard in the pocketbook where guys like that are really sensitive. it also would send a strong message to other web site gurus who may want to follow suit with what he did.

Now actions against this wiki guy do warrant serious discussions about freedom of speech. However , I think as many laws uphold , freedom of speech is not absolute. You cannot cry "fire" in a crowded building when there is no fire. I believe you cannot knowing continue the military guys leakage of state secrets. In other words , the military guy commited a crime releasing this stuff. Him committing the crime does not relieve others down the road to perpetuate the crime without similarly being criminals.

Anyway , I admit the wiki guy's actions can be discussed seriously but the military guy who leaked the stuff should be seriously punished.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart