View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 03:35 PM   #21
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Mass Police Association (MPA) Stickers

I don't know if this was bumped or not, but the "little" rear window stickers are Mass Police Association stickers. Not IBPO stickers. Many think the organizations are one in the same. Similar but not exactly the same type of group. IBPO represents you during negotiations re:contract disputes and so forth.

Lest I digress, all kinds of non police people have those little stickers as well. Stop and write the ticket 99 % of the time and see what happens. Always told them to go to court and plead with the clerk. Very rarely did I stop and officer, ever. They just dont drive like chit, from my standpoint. But these stickers that are on the windshields are given out by union secretaries, department members, who are in charge of them, within the particular department they work for, to thier friends. It is a criminal office in Massachusetts to be in possession of one of the stickers and not be a police officer, or an officers spouse or child. I have stopped people at 3 a.m. and made them scrape off the stickers, and told them to have your friend call me if he/she has a problem with it. Never got a call. Person within a P.D. that hands out those stickers to non-offciers doesn't respect his job or his fellow officers. There are many of those types around.

Anyways I can't say that those little stickers never got someone "not stopped".

100 "Hundred" club members put up $10,000.00 a year to be a member, and not just any slob can join. If someone dies in the line of duty like the trooper a few months ago, someone comes to the door the next morning and delivers a month of groceries and a check to help get the wiodw through financially a few months. Then the 100 club in the future pays for all of the college tuition of all the children in that family. AND THATS NOT ALL. I dispute with the prior poster that he knows someone who joined just to get out of tickets. They may have gotten out of tickets because of the membership after the fact, but if that person was the kind of person who joined just to get out of tickets the other members would not have let that person into the 100 Club to begin with.

Last edited by Swimmer; 08-30-2010 at 10:14 AM..

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote