View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 01:55 PM   #26
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
history is repleat with bad, albeit very bright men that fit this description, we don't encourage America's educators to model themselves after them...or even wade through the garbage to find some positives
Unfortunately, the idea of Alinsky as a vile, contemptible creature is somewhat limited to the Conservative circles who hated the man for being a very effective populist. I think the average person would view him as a bit of a radical, but don't loose any sleep over it. Then again, many on the Right just can't get over the 1960's.

The bottom line is that he's still seen as the father of grass roots organization and like it or not people on the Right and the Left gain insight from his writing.

You could have never heard of Alinsky, go create an effective organization process on your own, and chances are it would already be in his book. That's enough to justify reading it in my opinion.

Quote:
Nebe...please note that Spence can rarely get through a post without a condescending cheap shot....I'm not complaining, I think it's amusing...but don't act as though it just me
This simply isn't true, in fact I try to take the high ground rather than be "baited" into an ugly response to your posts. Just as Saul taught you...

-spence