View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 08:14 AM   #14
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
I like the new Joe.
This country is full of opportunity for those willing to work for it. I've said this a 1000 times - i live in a nive neighborhood of working families. Since this economic downturn and all the sob stories no one has ever come by offering to move my lawn, shovel my driveway for $20 or something. If I was unemployed, I'd be collecting unemployement and going door to door. 5 lawns or driveways a day is $100 which will feed my family. Or giving us some spending moeny to catch a movie or something. Our schools are failing us, people have NO CLUE what Americans have gone through the last 200 years. we never had it so good.
Funny.

When my step-son was in high school I used to make him mow the lawn. The neighbor needed his yard mowed as well, so I told him he could use my mower and gas for free to earn the 20 bucks the neighbor would pay. It's a tiny lawn and takes about 10 minutes to do.

He's home from college so on Saturday I ask him to mow the lawns before his mom comes home from the hospital. After grumbling about it he proceeds to just mow ours and leave the neighbors looking like crap.

20 bucks for 10 minutes easy work left sitting on the table. What a dumb a$$.

-spence