View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 02:30 PM   #82
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
who fing cares? use whatever numbers that you want, it doesn't change the perception of the mini break

here, I'll put in in a way that even a democrat can understand...no lavish trip to Spain by the First Lady and her friends ever fed a hungry child.... get that Jimmy???? noone has suggested that they shouldn't get protection or that their kids should be abducted...it's not complicated....it's about the appearance of it all at a time when the American economy and Americans are suffering and juxtaposed against the rhetoric of these two aholes for the last two years....EVERY ARTICAL HAS POINTED THIS OUT...from the left and the right....tone deaf Obamas!!!...enjoying their own little world of opulence while they wreck the country, everything with these people has been over the top from the beginning, how many dollars do you think have been spent by, for or at the request of Obama since he began his campaign to present day...all told ? frightening thought.......even the leftwing media has coalesced around a message of "the optics" of the trip and how badly it has played out in the minds of average people....geeze...they're not feeekin' royalty...or are they?

BTW...I hear they're flying Bo to Hawaii for a session with a world renowned puppy groomer and a little canine R&R
The "perception" of the situation is a direct product of the numbers.

Had this story not had a price tag associated with it people wouldn't have thought much of it. Instead, there's manufactured outrage because it "fits" the image of royalty the Right has strained so hard to paint to serve their own needs.

Underneath everything, you have a daughter who was promised a short trip (4 long days) to Spain for her birthday, a few close friends who were brought along and a lot of hullabaloo because she happens to be the First Lady.

This isn't about being tone deaf, it's about a moment of sanity with your kid while everybody is trying to tear your down. Not an easy job if you ask me...

-spence