View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 01:47 PM   #24
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& View Post
state business your killin me.

She's got multiple planes and 70 friggin people there just to support her security.

Spence I ask you this...

Why as a citizen of the USA would I want to go to work and have to pay a tax to the government (effectively at some point working for free to pay this tax) so that this doosh can spend $250,000 to go to Spain to play %$%$%$%$ing lala on the beach or shopping.

GET REAL MAN

IT'S MY TAX DOLLARS SUPPORTING THIS %$%$%$%$! As a small business owner I just made 30 lures to pay that tax this week. I gave away my time and raw materials so that this %$%$%$%$%$%$%$ could do this? Yea I did and it ain't right. Anyone who says it is must be delusional or hallucinating so which is it
It seems most if not all of the taxpayer funds used for this trip are in transportation and security, which I don't believe she has any say in. It wouldn't surprise me if the Secret Service didn't arrange the logistics.

The additional expenses that were at her discretion were paid out of pocket.

Shouldn't the First Lady be able to take a kid on a trip? Doesn't sound all that unreasonable to me. Is it expensive? Sure, but right now she's a VIP with national security concerns.

Had she been on a commercial flight that was hi-jacked you'd be screaming "how could they let the First Lady on a commercial flight!".

-spence