Thread: Thank you
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 03:30 PM   #1
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Thank you

As many of you are aware the last Plugfest was dedicated to our friend Flaptail / Steve Shiraka. We raised money at the plugfest thanks to donations of plugs etc. , purchasing tickets, and door money. After expenses we cleared over 2 grand to help Steve's family. Today Bigfish and I got down to the Cape to see Steve's wife Deb and gave her the check and Steve's award for angler of the year which he so much deserved with the great year he had fishing. She was very touched by it and wanted us to thank you all. I want to thank you all again. And thanks to John R for agreeing to set those funds aside for Steve's family. I know it is appreciated. Larry brought along some copies of The Fisherman Magazine with the tribute article he contributed to , for her as well. She is doing well hanging in there, misses Steve very much. The three of them keep busy working. I know lots of us think of Steve often and miss him. Fishing just isn't the same without him. It's nice to be able to give back a little to the family of someone who gave us so much.

I just wanted to let you all know.

RIP Steve, we love ya man

Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote