Thread: Bruins/Sabres
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 01:21 PM   #4
Mr. Sandman

The B's certainly could take this series...They play Buffalo enough during the regular season and know them well.

A few thoughts:

We played them 6 times this year and won the series 4 : 2.

Despite what anyone says...Tuuka is the best goalie in the NHL right now, look at the stats.

The team is starting to score now.

They are pumped and at times look pretty good.

No one expects them to do anything

The not so good:

Injuries are killing us. We are a weakened team.

Offensive lines are like a house of cards, you pull out the wrong one and the entire thing collapses. That is what happened with the Kessel trade. For the GM to say we traded this guy and all of you need to step up to make up for his absence (30+ goals) was foolish and quite frankly I think he should be fired, if not for that, then for when he did trade someone he got another defenseman and said that he hoped by improving the defense we would improve our offense.

IMO you don't win games with defense...you stop from loosing them, it is not the same thing. They need to get the magic back in the fwd lines and it will only take one or two key players then everyone will start scoring again. (like last season)

(I think the 2010 draft (2nd pick) will be 1/2 of the key, the other is to find one more key player and they will need to make a trade to get this guy.)

(Personally, they should include Tim Thomas in that trade. I never liked him much even last year...the Defense made him look as good as he did last season and I think there are locker room issues too.)

Anyway for this series, They could collapse and loose in 4 but if they get their mojo working and HIT (not fist fights, rock hard checking)...I am calling B's in 6. I don't expect them to go any further. They will loose the next series in 4. There is no depth in the lines due to injuries, they can't make a deep run in the playoffs. (next year I think the team will be a lot better and will go deep!)

that said....GO B's !

Last edited by Mr. Sandman; 04-15-2010 at 01:27 PM..
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote