View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 11:30 AM   #1
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

more to complain about

I just bought a new can of Hellsman's Spar Urethane and I get it home and open can and it stinks to high heaven, I then notice it is VOC compliant , not what I just finished using from last year. Doesn't seem like the same stuff. I'm bringing it back and i guess i will drive to RI to get some of the good stuff as i am told they don't have to be compliant to VOC law.

I also just bought some Krylon primer. I noticed it had a different cover, unlike last case i bought. I was worried as soon as I saw that and I had reason to be. Friggin stuff is not the same. It won't cover worth a crap and it stinks 10 times worse than stuff from last year. maybe they changed the product? Also they put this new fancy spray nozzle on the can and it sprays about a 2 foot wide pattern. I am doing 2" max dia. thing and don't need a 2' wide pattern so there is so much waste. Can't change to the old spray tip either as it has some new adapter thingy that will only allow the tip that came with it. What a friggin PIA. I am wondering if the spray paint has to be VOC compliant and that is why they changed product? Maybe i will have to search outside the state to find this product also. Just when you get comfortable using a sequence of products you got faith in they go and change both products i use and it is back to running all over hell trying to find the original products you prefer.

You RI guys notice any of these VOC compliant messages on your products. Anyone seen any of the older cans of Krylon out there, not the shapely, modern, top just the plain cylindrical shaped one that most cans use.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote