View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 12:47 PM   #3
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
another lie from the big O - what ever happended to the uniter?

Senior Democratic sources said last week that Democrats are prepared to short-circuit the traditional legislative process of a formal conference committee comprising House and Senate members to exclude their Republican counterparts during final congressional health care deliberations.

Obama gave his blessing for that move last week, two congressional Democratic leadership sources said.
It's a good political move for the democrats. They don't need a single vote from the Republicans and (as long as Brown doesn't win) they don't have to even consider the Republican opinion. The Dems have a very defined (and screwed up) agenda with HC and including the Republicans would delay it. They need to push this through before any chances of them to dip below 60 seats.

I mentioned events like this happening when the Dems won the invincible majority that they have at the moment. It is far too easy for the Dems to completely cut out Republican input and as such, the whole country is going to suffer for it. The polar ideas moderate each other and right now, that moderation has been eliminated.

A few business owners that I know (myself included) are holding out on hiring employees until absolutely necessary until we find out the ramifications of the HC bill on small businesses.