View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 02:27 PM   #4
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Chapter 2

So first thing this am I get on the phone as does the service guy (did I mention he is a sharp kid, good at what he does not not good at showing up when he says he will?) and about 10:00 he calls me and we happen to both be on the phone with the same company who "might" have a chamber that they "think" might work (not 2 words you like to hear) so I agree to drive to Franklin to pick it up in the order of saving us some time and with the old chamber in hand I drive there to find that the one they have is simply too small......by this time I am ready to cry or kill and just then the warehouse guy comes in and says that there is a new furnace in the warehouse that was returned because of a cracked heat exchange and that maybe the chamber from that one just might be what we are looking for???? What are the friggin odds I think to myself but hey....lets have a look! We get out there and to my surprise the furnace is identical to mine in every way just a newer model than my 13 year old model so we take the burner off and remove the chamber and its a dead on match, just what we need!!! So new these chambers are $300.....the guy says "Give me $90 and its a deal!"......I am about to offer the guy oral gratification I am so overjoyed but decide instead to give him $20 so he and his warehouse buddy can get lunch! He then says to me..."Here why don't you take the burner I have no need for it!".......... Now we are almost back to oral gratification but because I am in a hurry we just load the goods in the truck and I am off with a new $300 chamber and a brandy new Beckett burner complete that costs about $300 plus all for $90 bucks!!! Sweet! Now I am just waiting for the guy to get here and I just talked with him on the phone and he says 4:00....which will mean 7:00 no doubt so tune in later to see......"If BigFish Has Heat or......if BigFish Gets Hot!!!"

Cross your fingers for me!

Last edited by BigFish; 12-23-2009 at 03:06 PM..

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote