View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 04:00 PM   #20
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
exactly! just get off your arse an burn some calories. You have to be consistent and keep it up. I tell so many people how I lost weight and they all say.."yeah, Im joining the gym and blah blah ..." Spending money makes people feel like they're doing something, I want to tell them up front that they will FAIL. The gym is for people to bodybuild and sculpt, not lose weight, its not convenient and no fun going in the winter. You'll procrastinate and eventually quit. Why go to the gym? Walk stairs, get off your butt at work and walk a flight of stairs 4-5 times in a row, twice a day. I go outside to the parking garage. Inside when its too hot or cold. Walk around your neighborhood, just 20 MINUTES until you can walk at a brisk pace and then walk more. Try to get to 40 minutes tops. by some cheap dumbells and do some arm exercises while you watch tv, stand up. The key is consistency, you MUST do it 4-5 times a week.
Time to come clean, Jimmy. Rumor has it that you got into shape not by running, but by doing Jazzercise.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote