View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 11:14 AM   #14
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Let me resphrase:

"The anti-human induced climate change" was a better choice of words for me. I have repeatedly said I am not on a pedestal! I drive a truck, not a prius, and fish on a diesel powered boat. We DO however, need broad scale changes in how we use energy, over the coming decades. I'm not running around, the sky is falling type. For no other reason than WE DO NOT have an unlimited supply of oil, domestically and abroad. We should be looking at alternative energy sources, even if it is for less reliance on foreign oil. You can believe that CO2 is not a bad thing in the atmosphere, but what about the well documented effects to the oceans (coral bleaching etc).

I find it baffling that we as fisherman have a hard time believing that we as a species can have a serious impact to the Earth. 50 years ago, the prevailing thought was that we could never have over fished the oceans, there was just too many fish, and it would be sustained, and look what happened.

There was a cool piece on either History or Discovery channels the other night tracking the spread of homo sapiens and the extinctions of large mammals. We managed to do that with spears and rocks. But nope, we can't have a deleterious impact on the Earth's Atmosphere., it's too big and able to absorb it all.

The problem I have with your last paragraph is that you go others with an agenda to get quotes about others with an agenda... Do I think the "Climate Gate" emails is concerning! Absolutely, but does it damn an entire scientific community, not even close. It is very similar to the creationist/evolution debate. Everytime there is a news story on evolution, the press has to find a Creationist, with a religious agenda, to give a quote. Doesn't make it any more valid.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"