View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 12:08 PM   #22
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
Hey, I wouldn't mind if it becomes a permanent fixture because I drive safely and a prudent 5 over

But we both know that this isn't going to last

And I wish the cops here would be as zealous about the laws prohibiting distribution of Class A and Class B drugs as they currently are about the ones concerning right of way in the rotary. We all know which low-rent motels around town are like a Baghdad bazaar when it comes to dealing.
They would be if people would assist them in those endeavours. However, not many people will roll on a dealer, so they can develop good info to proceed with an arrest. Everyone calls anonymously, and sometimes walk into the station, but go any further, no way. And you know how far anonymous tips fly in court Mike, from one side to the other. In other words from the stand to the wastebasket. Nobody is willing to stick thier neck out. As a matter of fact people who see cops in the neighborhood and would never otherwise have any contact with the neighborhood dealer, will call the dealer and drop a dime. The cost of a stakeout are enormous. And then thier is the 65% of the population who don't think anything is really wrong with smoking marijuana, which mostly comes from Mexico where thier is a war going on about who gets to sell it. Buying dope only aid and abets racketeering and murder. 6000 drug realted murders last year. But nobody gets hurt smoking dope, nah. Thats just conservative propaganda. Two weeks ago ten people were killed on the Reynoso Bridge in a drug shootout. The bridge allows travel I believe bewteen a town in Texas into Mexico.

Nobody that buys dope dimes out a dealer, regardless of what the dealer sells. You can have someone who smokes just a little weed who buys from someone who also sells heroin, but thats o.k. to the weed smoker, because he doesn't use heroin. Even though the guy he buys his weed from is helping kill people everywhere who aren't strong enough to shake the addiction, the weed smoker rationalizes his need somehow. A family could have had everything stolen by a drug using child and they know who the drug using child buys from and they wont dime out the dealer. I have had family members stand in front of me after someone has died and the words are on the mouth, but they wont come out. We had one go yesterday morning, needle still in the arm, laying on the filthiest bathroom floor you have ever seen. Just dying in this girls apartment is deep enough in the abyss event for most people, but to also die there is indescribable. This kid came from %*#$%^*, R.I.. He met the woman at guess what, a strip club, where she worked. His sister was the only one strong enough to come up and get his belongings.

Judges dont or wont send the addicts away. They look at it like possessing any kind of drug is a social issue and not a criminal one. Leave it up to the families. Look at all the CWOF's Mike. Give me $100.00 and I'll CWOF anything right. Help me pay for my secretaries salary and I'll let you walk out the door Mr. drug addict. The only people being sent away are the ones whose families section them after they beg a judge to save the person's life. I am done pontificating. Heroin addiction is a problem that eradicates itself and proliferates all on its own, like an amoeba swimming though the ocean. It moves, it has power and energy, but it is difficult to tell how it actually gets from place to place.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote