Thread: The double J
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 09:39 AM   #1
Rockfish9

The double J

First off, I know that alot of people make/have made eel plugs for longer than I've walked this earth... but this one,I have been making/changing/fishing and catching fish with for years, long befor I knew how to use a computer.... the first one was god awefull, made in the late 80's, brass wired, home made scoop type lip, short tail piece that had an inbedded hook in it, I tried to make it EXACTLY like an eel, shape wise.... I never caught a fish with it, in fact it didnt swim very well... as time progressed it got betteras I made change after change,the first real fish catcher sported a #2 surfster lip, it fished well but cast terribly, helicoptering and often catching the rear hook, whech acted like a mini gaff eery time a fish was hooked, the head hung down in the water because the lip was too heavy... fast forward to last season, after many trial and tribulations, I came up with the plug I fish with today,I catch more fish with this one than all my other plugs combined...

The Double J ( Joppa Jinx) is 9" long, 2.25 ounce laminated maple and cedar jointed eel... I just made a fresh batch because I lost my last one to a SBFT that was in with a school of breaking bass at daybreak last September... 15lb test and a Cabo 40 were no match for this oversized mackerel.. the spool was empty before I could start the engine...this plug was to be my entr for the 2009 plugfest...in the First cast to catch a cow category...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Double J plug.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	32189  

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote