View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 11:26 AM   #14
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagger View Post
Paul's plug had a snowballs chance in hell as far as winning an award but among his peers he is king
Thank you Ed. I Knew I probably had no chance of winning as the beauty of that plug would go undetected but it really didn't matter to me. I did it for me and to see who was paying attention. The people who's opinion matter most to me were very flattering and I am very comfortable with that. What else could you ask for? I am not a big competition guy. Don't get me wrong as I am as competitive as anyone but prefer to compete with myself, mostly. I am sure Dave put in as much time as I did and he is a very very worthy recipient of the annual Canalman plug award, as it has become, and rightly so. I do this to have FUN and any so called awards are really of minor interest to me. I like the push it gives me to try something challenging. Guys liked the plug and that is all I care about. Winning was not my goal but it got some interest and ink about the old plugs and that is great. Do we need different category's? probably but since I don't care who wins I will leave that up to those that do. Thanks again for all the good will. I am truly flattered.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote