View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 02:52 PM   #19
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorM View Post
Maybe its just me but it seems that the gentleman that is now responsible for getting us out of this mess is taking more heat and criticism for trying to come up with a solution than the guy who got us into this mess. What is so hard about working together and figuring out a solution to this mess instead of pointing out each others flaws. Forget about which party you belong to and figure out something that is good for the country and not a particular party. Seems like common sense to me, but what the hell do I know.
No - you are absolutely right. However, getting it right requires thought and debate. If you look at whats been posted, there is a ton of garbage in this stimulus. No "guy" got us into this mess, no one person, no one party, it was a number of factors over a long period of time. However, this stimulus package is the result of one guy (at least sponsoring it) and one party, thus there is a lot of criticism. We have NEVER spent this much money before and if we get this wrong, we can screw things up for decades. This bill is a big charity package that does not reward those that spent wisely. Lets stimulate by giving the money people EARNED back to the people that earned it! Lower my taxes!
I just did my 2008 last night and almost puked. I benefit from no rebate, stimulus, nothing, I jusy pay so everyone else can.

Last edited by RIJIMMY; 02-09-2009 at 02:58 PM..

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all