View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 07:02 PM   #5
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Surfers... They have an intricate network of trusted friends to find out where the conditions have been best. Often takes a roadtrip to get to do their thing. They go out in some crazy weather, at peril to life and limb. They share a love of the ocean and a camraderie with their kind. While they may congregate at one location, it is still an individual endeavor.
I have to agree with Rosco - I still surf, 44 years this coming summer if I'm still ambulatory by then.

Same kind of dedication from the faithful - and the discomfort level and work ethic is pretty muh the same too if you want to succeed at it. Lots of parallels from my point of view - still enjoy both equally, it's my Zen according to my bride.

Thank God she's a tolerant woman - of course, I also got her involved in both so it helps and she enjoys it as much as I do even though she may not always be as...uhhh...avid a devotee as I am.

Obsessive, I think she calls it, if memory serves...

Last edited by Crafty Angler; 01-20-2009 at 08:11 AM.. Reason: Lousy arithmetic

"There is no royal road to this heavy surf-fishing. With all the appliances for comfort experience can suggest, there is a certain amount of hard work to be done and exposure to be bourne as a part of the price of success." From "Striped Bass," Scribner's Magazine, 1881.