View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 04:32 PM   #20
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

My wife made Louisiana Black Bean soup over the weekend - OMG, with the lousy cold and snowy weather it was perfect.

It's pretty spicy and she makes it from scratch - soaked the black breans overnight with the hambone from our holiday ham - celery, onion, gr. peppers, spices & heavy on the cayenne......and then finished off with broiled slices of kielbasa and fresh scallions...

It was one of a bunch of NOLA recipes we got from the NY Times years ago - and perfect crock pot stuff - that and some fresh corn-bread - again from scratch....baby, baby, baby...

The only downside is that my personal VOC emissions at work were completely off the chart - I think they're gonna have to apply for EPA Superfund money to clean up the chair I was sitting in...

It was awesome...great cold-weather comfort food and quality personal entertainment for the easily amused -

"There is no royal road to this heavy surf-fishing. With all the appliances for comfort experience can suggest, there is a certain amount of hard work to be done and exposure to be bourne as a part of the price of success." From "Striped Bass," Scribner's Magazine, 1881.
Crafty Angler is offline   Reply With Quote